Attorney Daniel L. Saxe — Partner
Daniel L. Saxe is a partner at the firm of Saady & Saxe, P.A. in Tampa, Florida. He was formerly a partner in the New York City office of Saxe & Higgins LLP. Daniel Saxe was an adjunct professor at Stetson Law School where he created and taught a course on contract and construction law. The firm is associated with various business and professional groups, including the Carrollwood Community Bar Association, Hillsborough County Bar Association and Florida Bar Association.
Daniel is past president of the Carrollwood Community Bar Association and remains an active member of the association’s board of directors.
Daniel has practiced law for more than 37 years and has significant experience in representing clients in negligence claims relating to the federal Fair Housing Act, insurance agents, accountants and CPAs, bad faith claims against insurance companies, construction law and commercial litigation. Through Saady & Saxe, P.A., he represents companies of all sizes and individuals throughout the United States. Dan has represented clients in:
Lectures and publications
Daniel is a frequent speaker and writer on commercial issues. He has coauthored a publication on bonds and mechanic’s liens for Federal Publications in Washington, D.C. and lectured extensively for Federal Publications. He also lectures before local contracting associations and trade groups.
Daniel is a veteran, having served with the U.S. Army as a military intelligence analyst from 1968–1971. He has a Bachelor of Arts degree from SUNY, New Paltz, New York. He attended Western New England University Law School, where he was a member of the Western New England University Law Review.
Daniel is admitted to practice in the following courts:
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
Mr. Saxe has also been admitted pro hac vice for matters in Texas, Colorado, Virginia, and West Virginia.
Daniel has extensive first-chair trial experience in state and federal courts throughout the country. Examples include:
- An appeal to the Second District Court of Appeals of a summary judgment decision in favor of a homeowner association against a tax certificate holder concerning obligations over payment of association dues assessments and conflicts between various Florida statutes
- A two-day bench trial in circuit court, Pasco County, Florida between a real estate broker and real estate agent over commissions due to the agent on real estate transactions
- A four-day jury trial in circuit court, Clearwater, Florida against a condominium converter who caused severe water and mold damage when a dishwasher hose connection installed in violation of Florida Building Code became disengaged, flooding the unit below
- A one-day bench trial against a homeowner who refused to pay a balance due on a construction project in Hillsborough County Circuit Court
- Daniel successfully defended the subsequent appeal arising from the case, eventually obtaining a sizable judgment on behalf of his client that included full repayment of his attorney’s fees and costs.
- A one-week jury trial in circuit court, Hillsborough County, Florida on behalf of a contractor who was not paid from insurance proceeds for a home restoration after a sinkhole damage claim
- A two-week jury trial against a national builder for breach of contract, including building code violations relating to soil subsistence conditions and foundation defects. Daniel successfully handled the appeal arising from the case, which included litigation in bankruptcy court in Delaware, where he succeeded in obtaining a lifting of the statutory stay so that the appeal could be prosecuted
- A three-week jury trial in Southern District of New York federal court in which Mr. Saxe represented two female bridge and tunnel officers against the Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority, which representation included multiple appeals to the Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- A one-week jury trial in the Federal District Court for the Northern District of New York as an assistant attorney general representing a large correctional facility in a constitutional challenge to facility procedures
- A federal bench trial in the Federal District Court for the Northern District of New York where Assistant Attorney General Saxe defended the New York State Commissioner of Transportation in an age discrimination suit concerning the maximum age of school bus drivers in New York State
- A three-month jury trial in Supreme Court, New York County in a construction dispute between a general contractor and the City of New York, which settled on the last day of summations
- A jury trial in supreme court, Kings County, New York between two contractors and the city of New York, which settled after one month of jury selection
- A month-long jury trial in the Federal District Court for the Southern District of New York concerning a breach of a Federal Miller Act claim between a general contractor and subcontractor on a project in West Point, New York
- Daniel represented the general contractor on the appeal to the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.
- A two-week jury trial in the federal Court for the Eastern District of New York between two contractors relating to construction claims concerning a 300,000-square-foot “super flat” floor in a post office facility in Brooklyn, New York
- Daniel was counsel of record in an Age Discrimination in Employment Act appeal to the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Virginia.
- Daniel was counsel of record in an appeal of a discrimination matter to the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals in New York.
Daniel has argued appeals in:
- The 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals in New York City
- The 4th Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Virginia
- The 1st and 2nd Appellate Divisions in New York City
- The 2nd District Court of Appeals in Tampa, Florida
- The 4th District Court of Appeals in Daytona Beach, Florida
He has prosecuted and defended arbitrations before the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and Society of Marine Arbitrators (SMA), including:
- An SMA case in New York City concerning liquefied natural gas (LNG) tankers traveling between Singapore and Japan
- An AAA case in New York City concerning a breach of construction contract dispute between a Park Avenue co-op owner and a contractor
- An AAA case in New York City between two subcontractors arising out of a breach of contract dispute over work performed in the federal courthouse
- An AAA case in Tampa, Florida between a homeowner and a roofing contractor
- An AAA case in Tampa, Florida between a homeowner and a contractor who failed to perform work on a conservatory attached to the owner’s home
- An AAA case in Tampa, Florida resulting in a week-long hearing and site visit in a dispute between the homeowner and contractor who had performed extensive work but had not been paid his final draw or retention
- An AAA case in Tampa, Florida between a general contractor and a site work contractor for contract balance due on a written American Institute of Architects contract
- An AAA case in St. Petersburg, Florida between buyer and seller arising out of an asset purchase contract for sale of a pizzeria
Contact Saady & Saxe, P.A.
To discuss your legal matters with Dan Saxe, contact Saady & Saxe, P.A. to set up a consultation.